My brother and I are huge geeks... FYI

My brother and I have this game we have been playing for at least the last 10 years.
We call it "Who is that and what were they in before," basically us showing off our skills in knowing different actors' filmography.

We watch a movie/TV show and if an actor we know comes on screen we have to call their name and name a movie/TV show they've been in before. You get points for every name and movie/TV show you can mention. It really gets funny when you've named every major actor and their movies, because then you get down to the "That Guy" actors, such as Peter Stormare and Clint Howard because then you get to start "bluffing", which means that you just make up movie/TV show titles and see if they stick, however, if you're called on it you lose a point.

I've noticed that this game is not only fun and gives me a little bit of cultural capital, but it actually has helped me in social situations because by training my mind to remember those I only interact with para-socially, I also remember people's faces in other social situations.

Does anyone else play this game? Or are we just the biggest geeks ever?

0 comments:

Post a Comment